29 December 2013

Nails Of The Day - NOTD 1

This is my first 'Nails Of The Day" post, and for it i thought I'd keep things fairly simple! My nails are all awkward lengths due to working so much and them all constantly breaking at work,  and please just ignore my cuticles.



I thought this was just a really pretty yet sophisticated manicure, using the Barry M Matte Nail Paints. I used the colours, "339 - Espresso" and "336 - Caramel", which i think both retail for £3.99 in various drugstores and online. I also used Sally Hansen's "Hard As Nails" as a base coat.


I did my base coat, followed by two coats of Caramel, allowing them to dry thoroughly in-between. The second coat did take a good couple of hours to dry completely, but after a couple of minute you're good for general use.


I then used one of my smallest dotting tools and applied the Espresso nail paint in an alternating pattern! I think this looks really chic and retro as well as being sophisticated enough for work as well. 


Overall i really like this manicure, but i think as with most nail arts, its a little to time consuming to do on a daily basis, no matter how pretty i think it is. I was really happy with this on my nails and received many comments on how lovely they looked.  A very successful first NOTD i think! Whats your favourite matte manicure?

Love Anya xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment