17 June 2014

The Summer Shoe Edit

I know how frustrating it is with all these ‘edit’ posts flying around but i simply had no idea what else to name it so there you go. Its only just beginning to be summer but throughout the last couple of weeks I’ve found myself reaching for a few pairs of shoes more than any others and i thought id share them with you. I also apologise, i haven’t posted in a while due to college commitments, working and also being on holiday in Turkey for the past two weeks but now I’m off for summer so I’m definitely going to get my posting more regular. Hope you enjoy this post, its a little different from what i normally do but its been so fun to put together!

 Cream Lace Flats // Primark // £6
Frieda Lace Up Shoes // Topshop // £26
Tan Sandals // Primark // £6

I live in ankle boots through pretty much the whole of the autumn, winter and spring months so when it comes to summer i end up splurging on loads of pairs of summer shoes that i have something for every type of weather so that i can save my boots for the winter. These are the three pairs of shoes that i find myself constantly reaching for, they're all so wearable and each can style up or down and outfit in their own little ways. 

The first pair of shoes i found was this pair of cream espadrille/toms style shoe with this really gorgeous lace over it. I don't normally go for Primark shoes as i find they never really fit properly and can be quite uncomfortable and hard to wear but these are the complete opposite, once they loosened up after about 2 hours of wearing they're possibly one of the comfiest pair of flats I've ever worn. They're such a dainty pair of shoes as well that they go with almost every outfit I've tried, from shorts and a cami, to maxi dresses it works with them all. 

I bought the next pair on a recent shopping trip in Westfields. The Frieda Lace Up shoes from Topshop are possibly the most gorgeous pair of shoes I've ever laid my eyes on and i had to have them as soon as i saw them. The sizing of them is a little funny, I'm normally a 5 and a half but the 5 fits me perfectly with room at the end although I've heard other people say different. The gold detailing around the eyelets and at the front of the shoes just gives the most luxurious touch to them and makes them look a lot more expensive than they actually are. The fabric on this shoe is so subtle with the pattern and its just a really lovely classy pair of shoes in general, wearing these with sone ankle grazers or skinny jeans would look gorgeous, although i think they might be a bit difficult to keep clean! 

The last pair was again bought in Primark with the first pair. Im not a huge fan of flip flops as i dont like feet and feel like they leave too much exposed and dont give you enough support. I have however been loving sliders lately and thought these would be nice as they have a similar concept to sliders but with a slightly more complex form. The colour of them is absolutely gorgeous, they're such a vibrant browny/reddish colour and dont look like they're going to fade or go patchy like some can. Although the ankle strap doesnt go as tight as id like for just wondering down to the beach or sitting in town for the day these shoes are absolutely perfect, they fit my feet so well and as so comfy. Either Primark has stepped up their game or i just got incredibly lucky.

Other than Converse which I'm pretty sure everybody has a pair for summer these are my three favourite pairs of shoes at the moment. What your favourite type of shoe to wear for summer?





6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Frieda Lace Ups from Topshop!! I love this style of loafer!
    gorgeous shoes I agree!!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're just so comfy and versatile i just had to have them! x

      Delete
  2. Those Frieda Lace Ups are b-e-a-utiful! Pretty impressed with the Primark stuff too, especially for the price. I'm exactly the same when it comes to exposing feet (eugh) but think I would be happy with a pair of those.

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i know i was shocked about how nice the primark stuff was!:) x

      Delete
  3. I love them tan sandals! Gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're gorgeous and so comfy! x

      Delete